Grand Armada is an area in Infernal Sky II, a CTM map by Vechs. At the start, there are signs mentioning regarding how he uses Legend of Zelda, Metroid and Castlevania as inspiration, but this area is inspired by a different game, and asking the players if they can guess which one. It is most likely inspired by Super Mario Bros 3, as at the end of each world is an auto-scrolling airship level.
The area consists of a large fleet of airships of four different types, and a single larger "mothership", which contains more supplies and the fleecy box. All the ships are made out of wooden slabs (old version, which is broken with pickaxe rather than an axe and is not flammable) and some glass and glowstone blocks.
The first type of airship encountered is a ship with four long wings, looking kind of like dragonfly. It has two floors, the bottom one containing two spawners as well as doors to the sides, and the upper one, accessed through ladder at the front of the ship, being empty. There are 18 ships of this type in the fleet.
Another type looks like two airships connected together by bridges. Each of the two have two floors, with some spawners on the bottom floor. The bottom floor also has pressure plates near the spawners which trigger pistons in the floor. This sometimes causes the spawned mobs to fall down from the ship. There are 8 ships of this type in the fleet.
Next type only has one floor, but is quite long. It has some spawners in, and four pressure plates, which activate four dispenders that are in the back, causing them to shoot arrows. There are 18 ships of this type in the fleet.
The last type is similiar to the previous one, except it's shorter. It also only contains one spawner, one pressure plate and one dispenser with arrows at the back. It's the most common airship, with 29 of them being in the fleet.
Near the front, there is the biggest and most complex mothership. It has 4 TNT cannons on the sides. At the front there is a structure with two floors and access to roof. It's also where access to the basement of the ship is located. The basement has the fleecy box in the middle of it, and a pre-built garden for farming wheat, with water and tilled soil in place, in the back.
Points of interest
- The light blue wool
- In two types of airships, there are dispensers at the back, each containing 9 stacks of arrows.
- There are some gold blocks at the back of the mothership.
- There is a chest containing two water buckets near the back of the mothership.
- On the other side, there is a Random Loot Chest.
- Next to each of the TNT cannons, there is a chest with 16 TNT in it.
- There is a Potions - Low chest near the structure at the front of the mothership.
- At the top of the structure, there is a chest containing 6 iron swords, 6 bows, 6 stacks of arrows, 6 stacks of leather, 2 stacks of torches and a stack of wheat.
- In the basement of the mothership, there is a chest containing 4 seeds, 9 wheat and a stone hoe near the wheat farm.
- There is a Potions - Medium chest at the bottom floor of a dragonfly-shaped airship, one at the very bottom, to the right, just before the mothership.
- There is a chest containing Spidersbane, The Silencer on the top floor of a dragonfly-shaped airship, one at the very front of the fleet, to the left.
- There is a single skeleton spawner in each of the airships of the smallest type. Skeletons spawned there can also shoot arrows through dispensers at the back of the airship.
- There are three skeleton spawners in each of the airships of the longer, one floor type. Skeletons spawned there can also shoot arrows through dispensers at the back of the airship.
- There are two zombie and two skeleton spawners on each side of each airship that looks like two airships connected through bridges. The mobs spawned there can also drop down through the floor because of pistons, possibly on top of airships below.
- There is one zombie and one skeleton spawners in each of the airships of the dragonfly-shaped type.
- There is a single zombie spawner on the bottom floor of the structure near the front of the mothership.
- There is a single skeleton spawner on the top floor of the structure near the front of the mothership.
- There are two zombie spawners in the entrance room to the basement of the mothership.
- There are 4 skeleton spawners and two zombie spawners in the room with the fleecy box.
The only way to reach the mothership is to either pillar and bridge, or to enderpearl across the airships. There is no legit path.
- There is no legit path to the wool.
- The airships were made from double slabs in an older Minecraft version, when all slabs, including wood, were considered stone, meaning the player must use any pickaxe to mine the double wooden slabs.
- The area is likely inspired by Super Mario Bros 3.