3.92 (ROM-Hack Hard)
|“||This map features a variety of environments, so the name "Legendary" refers to the size and scale. This is a lengthy CTM map that will provide a long term challenge for even veteran players.||”|
Legendary is the seventh installment of the Super Hostile series, a CTM map series by Vechs. It is considered to be one of the hardest maps Vechs has made, and remains iconic in the CTM genre.
The map is composed of semi-linear intersections which lead to large areas, some containing dungeons, which may hold one or more of the colored wool. It has a gradual difficulty curve that becomes incredibly intense in the later areas, featuring 5 intersections spanned across over 20 unique areas, making it one of the largest maps in the Super Hostile series.
Unlike other maps, which were significantly revamped for modern Minecraft (gaining lots of special loot and placing the wool chests inside Fleecy boxes), Legendary has remained mostly unchanged. There is no special bonus loot (no enchanted gear, no potions, and no Zistonian Battlesigns) aside from the occasional Random Loot Chest, and the wool chests are not in fleecy boxes, so you'll need to search a lot more carefully to find them.
It is recommended to play the previous maps in the series before taking on this map, as there are several references to the past maps that Vechs had made.
- Floating Shards - White Wool
- Castle Acedia - Orange Wool
- East Commons - Magenta Wool
- Pain Water - Light Blue Wool
- Castle Invidia - Yellow Wool
- West Commons - Lime Wool
- Starbright Cavern - Pink Wool
- Castle Ira - Grey Wool
- Merciless Magma Zone - Light Grey Wool
- Super Happy Awesome Box of Fun! - Cyan Wool
- Tacos - Purple Wool
- Fluffy Bunnies of Joy - Blue Wool
- Forlorn Rest - Brown Wool
- Due to its immense size and difficulty, players should expect a long and arduous experience. Take time to farm plentiful amounts of resources, and always look for strategies to conquer a dungeon (for example, dungeons exposed to the sky should be attacked and lit up during the day.)
Legendary references several past Vechs maps, and is referenced itself in future installations.
- East Commons has a titanic tree that may be a reference to Canopy Carnage
- Starbright Cavern is almost identical to Starlight Cavern from The Kaizo Caverns
- Merciless Magma Zone heavily references Sea of Flame II, not only in its theme, but in multiple signs left by Vechs.
- East Commons is directly referenced in Super Hostile Online as the name of the starter area for players to explore and gather basic resources
- Floating Shards seems to reference to Infernal Sky II with its floating platforms over the void (in Infernal Sky II it is high above bedrock) and in the design itself looking kind of like Shredded Sky an area in Infernal Sky II.
- West Commons references itself to Black Desert. Both in the desert theme and some of the buildings.