|Shut. Up. Spiders! Augh!|
The entrance to this dungeon is in form of a dormitory with eight different doors leading to separate rooms. The dormitory is lit and safe and contains furniture like beds, paintings and bookshelves. One of the rooms are dark, with no furniture, with a hole leading to an underground cave.
The cave is quite wide, but with a very low ceiling. The whole cave is also very corroded, both the floor, ceiling and walls, requiring the player to jump a lot to be able to traverse it. There are also no lights or any indications as to where to go, making it easy to get lost here.
The top "floor" of the cave contains two sets of 4 spider spawners with floating gravel right above them. This makes it so simply placing a torch near the spawner is not effective, as the gravel will fall, covering the torch and preventing it from emitting light. It also covers the spawners with gravel, making them harder to mine out. The top floor is also one with the hardest to spot way to the lower floor in it. The path is in a wall to the right from the further gravel/spawner structure.
The next floor lacks those gravel structures, but contains 12 spider spawners in the ground (3 rows 4 spawners each). The spawners are often one block apart and to the sides from each other but some of them are hidden under the stone. There is a double drop at the end of this floor.
The next floor contains three of the gravel/spawner structures near the entrance and one more after a wall with holes in it further in. The structure after the wall also has cave spider spawners in it and there are also few cave spider spawners high in the walls.
There is another double of gravel/spawner structure immediately after a drop to the next and final floor but these are two normal and two cave spiders mixes. Also there are two cave spider spawners in the walls near the ceilling.
Finally, there are three more of those structures right in front of the fleecy box, two of them floating in mid-air, making them even harder to deal with.
Points of Interest
- The blue wool
- In the left one of the two furthest rooms in the dormitory, there is a chest containing 3 music discs with the "13" soundtrack and 2 music discs with the "cat" soundtrack.
- In the room opposite to that one, there is a chest containing a stack of each rails, detector rails, powered rails, wood stairs, glass blocks, bookshelves, gravel, sand, sandstone block, cobwebs, redstone torches, paintings, pistons and sticky pistons.
- Enchanted Leather Armor chest before the final floor of the cave.
- Also there is a chest containing Death Sentence and 64 arrows behin gravel/spawner structer with both spider types spawner
- Total of 48 normal spider spawners and 6 cave spider spawners. Refer to the overview of this area for locations of them.
- Shape of the cave makes it harder to traverse.
- Spawners are mostly inside gravel structers which will fall and make acess to spawners harder.
- Some of spawners also floats in the air which makes them easier to spot but harder to destroy.
- Bane of Arthropods sword is the best weapon of choice for this duengon.
- Altough gravel can make acess to spawners harder there is a way to avoid it : place tnt inside and ignite it (gravel shouldn't fall and the explosion will destroy the spawners)
- Other useful items are : bow with flame enchant, regenaration potions, protecion armor (this and potions for cave spiders) , a shovel (Grit-tooth, The Earth Mover especially) and of course a lot of torches and pickaxe (with efficiency enchant)
- You can flatten the floor to make traveling easier. This is especially a good idea at the second floor as it will expose spawners.
- It's better to locate and eliminate cave spider spawners in the walls before going to the last floor. One is above the chest with armor and second is above the gravel/spawner structure.
- Last three sets of spawners should be destroyed beginning from the left (the left one is in the floor, the middle is a bit above the floor and the right one is close to the ceilling)
- Since it's one of the hardest duengons of the map it is recommended to come there after gathering some equipment.
- The name of the dungeon is a reference to a quote from the second episode of Zisteau's Let's Play of the original, survival version of Sea of Flame.